The Imaginative One’s birthday went great except for the Wee One not understanding that it was his brother’s special day. Here is a picture of his cake. He did all decorating on the cake except for the icing.
Last week, meals that the family enjoyed were the chicken ranch quesadillas, scrambled egg-wiches, sloppy joes, and roasted chicken in the crockpot. I attempted to make the Cantonese sweet and sour chicken in the crockpot. However, I did not plug in the crockpot so we had to throw the contents away. I made Johnny Marzetti for dinner instead.
Johnny Marzetti (my grandma’s favorite recipe)
In one pot, cook a box of elbow macaroni. Follow the directions on the box.
While the macaroni is cooking, in another skillet or pot, cook up 1 pound of ground beef and chopped up onion. After the meat is done browning, drain the fat. Add a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce to the pan. Let the sauce warm up. After the macaroni is finished, combine the macaroni, hamburger, onion, and spaghetti sauce. This makes a lot of food.
My meals for the week:
cereal, mini-pan cakes
- Homemade pizza – Cheese for the Imaginative One and pepperoni for the rest of us
- Pretzel Chicken – Either from Cooking During Stolen Moments or Rachael Ray – French Fries (frozen or fresh), veggies
- Asian pork loin (the recipe calls for a pork roast – I have a pork loin in my freezer), mac’n’cheese, mashed potatoes, or pasta roni, veggies – The recipe is from once a month cooking.
- Quick pork lo mein, egg drop soup, egg rolls, fortune cookies
- Left-over Johnny Marzetti
- left-overs or forge for yourself
- Dinner at in-laws (Sunday)
For other great menus, visit I’m an organizing junkie for Menu Planning Monday.